Only your bank can tell you the exact reason, but here are a few of the most common:
- You may have entered an incorrect credit card number, expiration date or CVV.
- Your card doesn’t have sufficient funds to process the payment.
- You’ve reached your daily or monthly spending limit or a limit on Internet payments.
- Your card has a ban on Internet payments which can only be lifted by contacting your bank.
Some banks can also reject charges based on location or their own fraud rules.
Here’s how you can deal with the issue:
- Double-check your card information before you hit submit.
- Make sure your card has sufficient funds before you try to pay.
- Increase or remove daily/monthly spending limits on Internet payments.
- Contact your bank to find out why the transaction failed and ask them to approve it.